“Trauma is the designation for
- The experience or observation of an unusual event
- That which comes unexpectedly and is inevitable
- That which is a serious threat to physical health and existence
- That which has consequences that might last for a long time
Shiatsu for traumatised people can generally contribute in
- Soothing physical symptoms
- Increasing emotional stability, wellbeing, life-joy and life-quality
- Releasing energy-blockages and regaining connections
- Strengthening body awareness, selfesteem and the ability to draw clear boundaries”
Sessions last one hour with a detailed case history being taken at the start of the first session. The treatment aims to be gentle, understanding and supportive. Contact Tamsin 07821 264 882 or email@example.com.
Taken from the article, here in entirety, by Peter Itin here.
Further specialist training for Shiatsu practitioners has been offered in the past by The Shiatsu College.